What are the benefits of the Master Plan Concept?
The preliminary masterplan will allow the landowners in the area to deliver on the community’s vision outlined in the OCP including:
- Flexible outdoor spaces
- Creation urban plazas and mini parks
- Integration of public art
- Pedestrian and cyclist links to improve connectivity between existing and planned amenities
- Encouraging a range of housing options (i.e. ownerships and rental housing)
- Housing that is accessible, affordable, and intergenerational
- Encouraging upper ﬂoors to be set back from St. Johns Street
- Providing weather protection and pedestrian scaled amenities to facilitate walking
- Providing at-grade shops and services creating active edges
- Encouraging a significant amount of employment related uses
- Incorporating landmark features as part of larger scale developments
- Incorporating landscaping to create a softer, green edge to the built environment
- Consideration of view corridors
- Consideration toward commuter parking and visitor parking for Rocky Point Park.